Thursday, March 7, 2013

Recent Pencil

This Faun turned up in a doodle session a little while ago. There's not a lot of drama here - she's meditating. I really hope I get to paint her one of these days. It's been a while since I've had a chance to do one for myself. I start getting a little twitchy if I don't occasionally get something of my own done.


Here are a few more ideas that are patiently waiting. First up is a friendly Giant. He couldn't wait to say good morning so he's coming in through the roof. After that is a wee gnome sculptor working on his masterpiece. I like the idea of the small artist and the big work. I think she will be bigger when I finally get to doing the final on this one. He should be no taller than her knee. I'm also thinking now that it might be cool if he were carving her from a living tree rather than a piece of stone like he is now. That way I could work some branches and leaf clusters into the design - could do some interesting things with cast shadows.



And finally we have a couple of adventurous girls visiting the cottage of a bird witch. I'm not sure what the story is going to be here. I'll have to think about it. I like the stairs though.


More soon. Travel in peace.  :)


13 comments:

Thomas Haller Buchanan said...

Wonderful, wonderful.

paolo_gaspare said...

Davvero molto belle queste matite!

WOL said...

Your gnome carving living trees reminded me of this:

http://shoreacres.wordpress.com/2013/03/05/when-life-writes-a-sequel/

Larry MacDougall said...

Thanks Thomas :)

Pagas - Thanks !

Wol - very lovely, thank-you.

aintshakespeare said...

These are great. I'm not sure which one I want to see finished most. There are so many wonderful ideas and great sketches to give the ideas life.

Larry MacDougall said...

Thanks aintshakespeare. I will have to think about it carefully since I don't have a lot of extra time to waste. :)

Tessa said...

The bird witch is very intriguing! I also love the giant

Emily said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mimi Cortazar said...

beautiful as always !

Larry MacDougall said...

Thanks Mimi :) Emily, what happened ? :)

Katrin said...

Wonderful pictures :) I think I like the friendly giant best!

Larry MacDougall said...

Thank-you Katrin. :)

Stephanie Pui-Mun Law said...

I really hope you get around to painting the faun girl too, as she is very lovely!

And I know what you mean about getting twitchy when you don't get to do enough of your own stuff! I used to feel the same.