Monday, March 15, 2010

Title Page - The Secret History of Hobgoblins.

This image is the title page for the soon to be released book, The Secret History of Hobgoblins by the fine, old UK publisher, Templar. I was starting this project just about a year ago and it's now at the printers and due for a spring release. The blank area in the upper right will have text over it which is why it was left so unfinished, although I suppose a full moon would also explain a bright are like that in the evening cloud cover. The book will be concerned with the Hobs which are good and the Goblins which are bad that live in and around our homes, bringing either a helping hand or a nasty prank. Many of the mysterious things that happen around our homes every day will hopefully be explained. Please look for it in your local book shop  :)

6 comments:

The Art of Kim Kincaid said...

At last, I'll find out who takes the other sock in the wash!
Your wonderful style and subdued palette are a perfect choice for this subject matter.

Unknown said...

Amazing piece Larry! Those characters are wonderful and the way you've captured a certain time of day is amazing. Your handling of watercolour is inspiring. Any gouache or ink here? I'll be first in line for this.

tinypearl5758 said...

What can I say, other than, love your work, and please keep sharing. xxx

Larry MacDougall said...

Kim - Thanks. I think the sock question is dealt with here. It's a constant problem here too - sock goblins !

Larry MacDougall said...

Thanks Eric - I don't believe there is any gouache on this one. I think you may get a kick out of this book. The publishers were even able to get Alan Lee to contribute some art to the project, which I can't wait to see.

Larry MacDougall said...

Thanks again Tiny Pearl.