Friday, September 4, 2009

Absinthe Faerie 3





More roughs for the Absinthe Faerie - still searching - feeling lost, there are so many ways to go with this. My instinct is to do a light misty watercolour to play up the ethereal aspect of this mythic character, but I could also nail a solid rendering in gouache, although I'm liking the watercolour idea more and more - gouache is the commercial route - tight and bright - that feels wrong here - besides, this is a private commission not a commercial job. Part of the idea is to have her posed with the Wormwood plant, which of course is the plant where Absinthe comes from.

7 comments:

Raul Avila said...

muy buenos Larry!

Larry MacDougall said...

Thanks Raul ! :)

Eric Zampieri said...

Some of these reminds me Apphonse Mucha. I love these beautiful and elegant women

Larry MacDougall said...

Thanks Eric.
Definitely Mucha, but also Klimt and Yoshitaka Amano - Jeff Jones too :)

Unknown said...

3rd from the top is my favorite.

=s=

Craig Phillips said...

Great!! 3rd from top is my favourite comp as well. I think water colour over these would be wonderful. Cant wait to see what you do.

Larry MacDougall said...

Shane, Craig

Thanks guys. I just about have it nailed down.