Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Blind Troll





Some recent doodle activity. I've got this idea for a blind troll. I'd like to get a rider of some kind on his back that guides him by playing a recorder. It's magic - there's no explanation beyond that. Together they travel secret and mysterious paths over lonely hilltops and through the dark and haunted woods. The rider should be a witch - that would make sense, to me at least. Maybe an old crone or perhaps an old crow or even some type of dark faerie. It's all up in the air at the moment, but with me being so bogged down with commercial work at the moment it could be months until I have a chance to sort this one out. More drawing required :)

6 comments:

Hattermad said...

an old Crow playing a recorder in itself seems like a fantastic image...upon a blind troll's back is like putting cherries on cheesecake!

Larry MacDougall said...

Hattermad
Thank-you sir. I'm glad you stopped by. I'm sure hoping I have a chance to paint this idea before too long.

Craig Phillips said...

Larry these doodles are so gorgeous! The more I scroll down your blog the more inspired I am feeling. Such nice drawings!

Larry MacDougall said...

Thanks Craig
I'm glad you stopped by.

Raul Avila said...

el segundo de esta serie es muyyyyyy bueno!


abrazos

Larry MacDougall said...

Thanks Raul.