Saturday, July 26, 2014

Express Yourself

Okay. A bit of recent warm up drawing while I continue to write the graphic novel.  The first outline I sent in was very lean but they were still interested.  I expanded it and they are even more interested.  The editor came back with some notes and ideas.  That's what editors do, they help you tell your story when you're up to your neck in it and can't see the forest for the trees. I'm getting there with the story but there is still more work to do. Anyway, I still try to draw something everyday, even on writing days, like today. Here's a bit of it.










Thanks everyone for continuing to stop by. The graphic novel is chugging along slowly but I sense it will pick up steam once I have the story really nailed down. I hope you all have a peaceful weekend.

More soon.

5 comments:

Hamorhage said...

I'm really excited to see the final result once it's all done, it'll be a fine piece of art. Thanks for keeping us updated and sharing your sketches! Great work as always :)

Larry MacDougall said...

Dave - Thanks so much. Full steam ahead. :)

Christina Wald said...

There is a lot of complexity of expression in these facial studies. The 4th through the 6th really capture the feeling while still maintaining the prettiness of the girl. That is so hard to achieve. Great stuff!

Larry MacDougall said...

Thank-you Christina. You know what else is really hard to do? Sitting outside and drawing architecture from life and glazing it with watercolour. You rock !

Katrin said...

Oh wow, so many well-captured expressions! :) Good luck with the graphic novel!