Thursday, April 3, 2014

Raven Witch 2

Some alternative concept and design ideas for the Raven Witch graphic novel page I posted last week. I had a lot of ideas for that one page and found it difficult to narrow it down to the choices I made. Here are some of the other things I was considering. It looks now like one way or another this book is going to happen, so there are going to be many more choices that will have to be made.




I liked the idea of putting the Twig Pixies under the mushrooms but eventually decided that it might not be right for the gloomy, haunted forest mood I was after. This page got progressively spookier as I worked on it. It seemed to require an ever darkening mood, or at least I became happier with it as the shadows lengthened.







Thanks for stopping by everyone. More soon.

10 comments:

Tom Sarmo said...

Wow--I am liking these. Especially the ever darkening and spookier. Looking forward to more

Larry MacDougall said...

Thanks Tom - It is very likely there will be a lot more.

Eoghan Kerrigan said...

So when can I purchase one of these raven witch drawings from you? :B

Larry MacDougall said...

Thanks Eoghan. The store is always open. :)

Tinypearl5758 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tinypearl5758 said...

Magic as ever, if you like the pixies under the mushrooms but you need it to be darker, perhaps a different Type of mushroom is all you need. Heaps to choose from, good luck, it will all fall into place, xxx

Larry MacDougall said...

Thanks TP - very much appreciated :)

Tessa said...

This is the character I've been intrigued by since the first time I visited your blog. Very scary!

Larry MacDougall said...

Thanks Tessa - it looks like she may have her own graphic novel.

Raul Avila said...

buenos bocetos Larry !