Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Lavender Blue - Sketchbook

I have spoken before about the Irish Faerie Tale project I'm working on, Lavender Blue and the Faeries of Galtee Wood. Well, I'm finally going to have a chance to do a bit of work on it. Up until now it's been a week here and two weeks there but it looks like I'm going to have a month of uninterrupted work on this terrific project. Here's a recent sketchbook page that I did as a way of getting back into the mood of the story and also working out one of the many locations where the tale will unfold. There's a lot more of this kind of work to do. I'm hoping to pencil out most if not all of the illustrations so that I will be able to get painting by autumn.

6 comments:

Wayward Harper said...

ooohh! I love seeing working sketches :) Is that Lavender Blue? She's gorgeous!

Ben Hatke said...

I know I keep popping in here and saying it, but I really enjoy when you post the concept sketches. They have a lot of life and interest. A good font of inspiration.

Larry MacDougall said...

Hi Wayward - yes that is Lavender and there is going to be a lot more sketch work coming.

Larry MacDougall said...

Hi Ben - Thanks - I'm going to be on this for the next month so there is going to be a lot more of this kind of working coming - pencil finals for the illustrations as well.

Ben Hatke said...

Sweet. Good to know.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.