Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Magic Cards



I feel as though I should really post something a little more finished since it's been a while since I did. The problem is that I can't post any of the work I'm doing at the moment. So in the meantime here are a couple of Magic Cards from last year that I felt turned out rather well - not all of them did by any means but I don't mind these two. That goblin at the top has just raided a kitchen and is wearing some improvised armour. The door is a magic portal to another dimension - hence the light exploding out of the cracks - fun ! Both of these are watercolour and gouache with coloured pencil.

2 comments:

Frank kennedy said...

Larry,
love the Goblin card.
I really like the fact that if you take out the goblin, the landscape is so calm and serene with the meadow and hills of flowers it is almost a post card. then bang along comes a fierce goblin, who I am sure is making a hell of a racket with all those spoons and pots and pans hanging off of him, serenity broken.
really nice
cheers
Frank

Larry MacDougall said...

It was most definitely in the art notes that this particular world is a green and happy faerie tale land.
Just the way I like it.