Friday, October 16, 2009

Absinthe Faerie


This was a tough one - deciding which way to go with this concept. The Absinthe Faerie is an hallucination, a psychedelic vision - she inspires us, she seduces us, she destroys us and yet we still love her.

I have her merging with and coming from the ground and the vegetation because she is a natural being. She comes from the wormwood plant which is where the narcotic drink Absinthe comes from. The leaves and plants that surround her are their own beings with their own personalities. The leaves may have faces or they may not. I haven't shown the wormwood plant here. She has been called and is moving.

This is not for me the definitive Absinthe Faerie but one of many possible Absinthe Faeries. I had a lot of ideas for this one and finally decided to fuse several of these ideas together to make this image.
The next time I paint her she will be different. This is a watercolour 7 inches by 10.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

She's beautiful! I love your concept.

Larry MacDougall said...

Emma

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. I really enjoyed working on this one and I'm glad you like it.

larry

Unknown said...

This is beautiful. I love the detail, and the color. She is very pretty. Good job.

Larry MacDougall said...

Thanks Rachael. I appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment.